So I finally submitted my final scripts. While Steve is working on roughs, I’ve been trying to figure out those last bits that weren’t working and also merging bits that were cut out in the editing process.
It’s grueling stuff, but I’m satisfied with the end result, given that I had three weeks from start to finish, trying to write something amusing, cohesive and coherent. And working and blogging full time.
I would have been able to do more with it if I had had more time, and it would certainly have been much better if I had been able to collaborate with someone on the texts, to bounce ideas off of.
But it exists, and I’m satisfied with it all things considered. Since it takes a lot for me to be satisfied when I get into that self-examining mode. So it can’t be all bad. At least Steve hasn’t run away.
Still, I can’t help but look at my work with the thought that I’m an amateur having fun with this, and hat what i consider decent may be utter shite for another person, for someone more sophisticated.
I’ve seen plenty of people with hobbies they’re just not very good at, but who are so enthusiastic and passionate that they make it their life’s blood. It can be embarrassing to see that unfold.
I hope what I wrote isn’t that kind of embarrassment. I hope that at least some people will enjoy it. At the very least, they’ll have some eye candy to look at; Steve’s work will no doubt be worth a gander. 🙂
Speaking of which, Steve’s sent in his roughs for strips 2, 3 and 4 as well as a clean version of the header:
It seems a bit wide to me, and the title doesn’t do it for me, so I suggested just going with a font we already have to crop the header like so:
I also added credits and suggested moving the sign to the left, as indicated in red. I love working on ideas and batting them around. I just hope Steve’s patience isn’t being tested.
Anyway, I’m having fun.